Mail: wineskinsnew@gmail.com



Discipling Ideas: Grace Nyanga: World Bible School

Monday, May 12, 2008

Grace Nyanga: World Bible School

by Keith Brenton
05/12/2008 - I'm responding to the call to write about discipleship plans or strategies of our churches today.

I do happen to be a Christian from the influence of World Bible School evangelism strategy. I started doing World Bible School correspondence courses a year before I decided to become a christian. My attraction to these well decorated papers was simply because I wanted to have a friend in the States and to also keep my Engish active.

However, in the process of doing these courses, I gained faith in addition to the first
two. Now I have friends and not just a friend, I speak and write English well, and most importantly, I do have a friend in Christ Jesus in whom I strongly believe.

World Bible School worked then and still works today. I've used this strategy to reach out to God's people in West Nile region of Uganda. As I write now 11 churches have been established in that area mostly through contacts gained from World Bible School booklets sent out from Jinja and other places.

I have also seen and talked to great leaders in the Lord's churches who come to the faith through this form of evangelism.

It worked and still works.

Grace Nyanga
Box 1226
Jinja, Uganda
www.busogachurchesofchrist.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Tammy Snyder said...

I am glad to hear your comments.
I used to be a WBS teacher and had students in 3 different countries in Africa. I really enjoyed meeting people but never, because of all the requests of writing tools and clothes and so forth, never really knew if that was the reason they participated and if, even because of that, they turned to God in obedience and let Him change their lives. I am very happy for you that you did!
God Bless you,
Tammy Snyder

August 17, 2008 at 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home












FREE NewsLetter Sign Up !

Please enter your Email and Name to join.

Digital Newsletter